Resource pages earn 10% of the revenue for one of our most popular sites, and you can do it too!
Curious if a Resources page is for you? Check out this article to learn more about what they are and why you need one.
Here's how to make a Resources page using Lasso:
1. Create a Lasso Group. Give it a name and description that'll be useful to you (it won't show on the frontend).
2. Add Links to the Group. Go to the Link Details page for any link you'd like to add, and you'll find the Groups section. Click on the name of the Group for your Resources page to add the link. Then hit the Save Changes button in the bottom right corner.
3. Order Your Links. Once you've added all your links, drag and drop them to the desired order.
4. Create a New Page. Using the same formatting as your normal pages, add a new page where your resources and tools can live.
Tip: Categorize your Resources page into multiple categories - for example, My Favorite Tools, My Own Products, and My Reading List. Then use a separate Grid for each section.
5. Add Grids to Your Resources Page. If you're using Gutenberg or Classic Editor, hit the Cactus Icon in your toolbar and select the Grid option.
If you're using a page builder, copy and paste the shortcode from the Lasso Groups tab.
6. Customize! Preview the post and customize it to better match your vision and brand. Use some shortcode edits to change the number of columns, Lasso theme, or information in the Grid. Or use some CSS to change the overall layout.
7. Optimize. Using Google Analytics, determine which links in each Group get the most clicks. Then repeat "Step 3: Order Your Links" as often as needed, so the most popular links are shown first.
For more information, check out this video tutorial Matt made:
And if you have additional questions, just hit the chat bubble in the bottom right corner of this page. We're here for you!