When you add a new Lasso Link (or view an existing Link), it'll bring you to the Link Details page. This is the hub for all the settings for that particular link.
Here you can customize your Display and override any of your default link settings, like link cloaking.
You can go back and change these settings anytime. Any changes you make will apply to every occurrence of this link on your site. In other words: fix it once and Lasso will do the rest!
Want to see the Link Details page in action?
Sean walks you through the whole process in this video:
In a hurry?
Here's a quick table introducing all of our Link Details features. We'll run through everything in more detail below. :)
Title of your link
What comes after the domain in a cloaked link
Primary Destination URL
Where readers go after clicking your link
Secondary Destination URL
The link for your second CTA button
Customizable copy for your CTA
Ratings, Pros/Cons, or create your own
Changes the layout of your Display
Adds emphasis to the top of Displays
Toggle the Price on or off in the Display
Explain your affiliate product/service
Tell your audience that you may earn a commission if a link is clicked
Toggle the Disclosure on or off in the Display
NewWindow / Tab
Toggle on to open the link in a new browser tab. Adds rel="noopener" to your link.
NoFollow / NoIndex
Toggle on for affiliate links. Adds rel="nofollow" to your link.
Used to organize links. You can display Groups as Lists, Grids, and Galleries
Toggle on for paid links. Adds rel="sponsored" to your link.
Toggle on to look for similar links on your site
Toggle on to brand your link with your domain
In the Link Details page, you can add an image, price, description, and even add your link to a Group. That said, only three pieces are required for each link.
1. Name: This is the title in your Lasso Displays. It's also clickable in the Display! Once clicked, readers will go to the Primary Destination URL.
It'll also help you find your links. For example, this link would show up in your Dashboard if you searched for "WordPress Plugin".
2. Permalink: If you have link cloaking enabled (more on this later), this is where you'll cloak your link. Whatever you add to this box will come after your domain. In the image above, you can see the full link (https://getlasso.co/lasso-plugin/) underneath the title at the top of the page.
In this case, https://getlasso.co is our domain. The /lasso-plugin/ permalink is unique to this link.
Note: You won't see a Permalink box for Amazon links. Instead, the link under the title at the top of the page will be the Amazon link with your Primary Tracking ID.
3. Primary Destination URL: This is the URL you added at the start of this whole process. When someone clicks on your cloaked link from #2, they'll be redirected to this link.
Customizing Your Display
Now for the fun part! These steps will help you customize your Displays - no coding required. Any changes you make will show up in your example Display in the top right corner in realtime.
1. Name: This is the title in your Lasso Displays. It's clickable! Once clicked, readers will go to the Primary Destination URL.
2. Primary Destination URL and Button Text: Customize the Button Text with a strong CTA to get more clicks. Once someone clicks the button, they'll go to the Primary Destination URL.
3. Secondary Destination URL and Button Text: Adding a URL here will create a second button for this Display. It can be a link to a review, another buying option, or anything you'd like.
4. Custom Fields: By default, you'll have three options: Primary Rating, Pros, and Cons. You can also create your own Fields. This is useful for comparing multiple products or highlighting important features.
5. Display Theme: By default, this will be the theme you picked in your Lasso Settings. Want to use a different theme for this link? Just click the dropdown box and choose any theme you'd like.
6. Badge Text: Use this to add emphasis to the top of your Displays. Popular choices are "Our Pick", "Editor's Choice", and "Best for XYZ". But be creative! This is a great way to add personality to your Displays and earn reader trust.
7. Price: If you're using an Amazon link, Lasso will automatically pull the price. If it's discounted, you'll see a strikethrough on the normal price with the sales price in bold. For non-Amazon links, you can customize the price with both text and numbers.
8. Description: Here, you share more details about the product or service you're linking too. A short paragraph of 1-4 sentences typically performs best.
You can also add rich HTML text, including bolding, italicizing, underlining, linking, and creating lists. All formatting will be included in your displays.
9. Disclosure: This will default to the Disclosure you've written in your Lasso Settings. If needed, you can change the Disclosure here. Any changes you make here will only affect this particular link.
10. Show Disclosure: Toggling this on shows the Disclosure in your Display. Toggling it off removes it. For example, let's say you default to showing a Disclosure, but you decide to create a Lasso Link to one of your internal posts. Flip this toggle, and you'll remove that affiliate Disclosure!
1. New Window / Tab: Toggle this on to add rel="noopener" to your link. This opens a new browser window when your visitor clicks this link. Toggle this off to send your visitor directly to the clicked link in the same browser tab.
2. NoFollow / NoIndex: Toggling this on to add rel="nofollow" to your link, which tells search engines it's an affiliate link. Toggling it off keeps it as a "DoFollow" link, which is useful for backlinks and linking to reputable articles relevant to the content you're writing.
3. Groups: Add Links to Groups, then display the Groups as a List, Grid, or Gallery. You can also use Groups to categorize your links in the Lasso Dashboard.
4. Sponsored: Toggle this on to add rel="sponsored" to your link. This tells search engines someone paid for this link, and Google is starting to recommend this for affiliate links.
5. Detect Opportunities: Toggle this on to tell Lasso to look for this link on your site. If we detect a similar link, you'll see it at the top of your Link Details page under "Opportunities". Toggling this off means you won't get Opportunities alerts for this link, which is useful for internal links.
6. Link Cloaking: This changes the appearance of your link in your post's content. Toggling it on means visitors will see the link as yourdomain.com/permalink, which is recommended for non-Amazon affiliate links. Toggling it off means visitors will see the Primary Destination URL.
Locations and Opportunities
At the top, you'll see a sub-navigation bar with Locations and Opportunities.
These show you where this link appears on your website as either a text link, image link, or Lasso Display.
Locations: Links that are already connected to your Lasso Link. If you change something in your Link Details page, these links will update automatically.
Opportunities: Links that aren't connected to your Lasso Link. If we find a link that's similar to your link, we'll add it here. Then, you can switch it to your Lasso Link with the flip of a toggle!
Need More Info?
Click the chat bubble at the bottom right of the page or email [email protected]. We're here to help!